Here is the recipe! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup of uncooked organic quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of your "milk" of choice (soy milk, almond milk, rice milk or cow's milk all work)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- a "handfull" of raisins
- 2 tbsp. of raw sugar or brown sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium sized pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over MEDIUM heat.
- Once boiling, stir the mixture, cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to LOW.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes, then stir it.
- If you are happy with the consistency, and the quinoa is cooked (translucent), then you can eat it! If you desire a thicker porridge, let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit and your "milk" of choice! We love ours with soy milk!