September 10, 2011

It's the little things that REALLY make the difference.

As anyone with kids knows, being a new mom can be an intimidating thing. We are thrown into mommyhood without a clue as to what is going to happen....tossed to the wolves (figuratively speaking) . I personally love it, I find it a challenge, however, all too often I find myself stuck, asking  what on earth I am doing. Believe it or not, one of the most challenging things for me about being a mom, is trying to figure out what stuff to buy for the little one, I've literally been researching sippy cups for the past 3 days.  My mother is always telling me that alot of the "stuff" for babies nowadays did not exist when I was an infant, and I can't help but think that maybe that could have been a good thing. With literally millions of brands out there, how does a person even begin to make an informed decision about what would be suitable to buy?

I have come across a very valuable tool, and I would love to share it, as I feel that all moms should "be in the know". The tool I speak of  is the "Parent Tested Parent Approved" (aka PTPA media) seal of approval, and it is invaluable. PTPA media awards excellent products and services as rated by over 40,000 parent volunteer testers. The products they endorse span a broad range, from classic baby gear such as bottles and diapers to websites and TV entertainment, and I must admit that through my experiences so far, the PTPA seal has not let me down. Since becoming aware of this program, I do not consider buying a product without first checking to see if it has the seal, and if it doesn't, I find myself looking for an alternative that does. When I think of the PTPA seal, I automatically think of high quality, durable products that I can trust. It comforts me to know that the ratings are unbiased, and come from parents like me. Infact, ANY parent can register to be a product tester through their website.  The website also lists all of the "winners", so parents can browse through or search a product to see if it has won a PTPA award. Another bonus is that the website also hosts a blog, as well as weekly giveaways of PTPA winning products. Check it out here!
I gotta get back to my sippy cup shopping now. Good night!

No comments:

Well.ca - Canada's online drugstore